1. Design and Direction: Prof Ranjan Das, Professor of Strategy, Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Leadership, teaching at Indian Institute of Management Calcutta [IIMC] since 1994 and other IIMs. Prof Das, who is the Founder Chairman and Chief Mentor, The Strategy Academy. Is the creator of Smart Learning & Transformation Solution [SLTS].
2. For Whom: Managers and executives who are likely to move to frontline leadership role [or have just moved] as well as those who wish to make a career transition to take up bigger assignments requiring both cross-functional and leadership skills.
3. Duration: The program will be delivered in phases over 6 months comprising
The delivery of faculty conducted sessions will take place – OUTSIDE working hours-over 6 months @ 2 sessions per week
Number of sessions @ 2 hours
|I. Core business functions and processes: Building blocks and Contemporary issues [17 sessions each @ 2 hours= 34 hours]|
|Market, competition and marketing policies and decisions [4 sessions each @ 2 hours= hours]|
|Market segmentation, targeting and positioning||1|
|Marketing mix policies||1|
|Product and brand mgmt.||1|
|Revisiting marketing decisions in the digital era||1|
|Finance, cost and controls [6 sessions each @ 2 hours= 12hours]|
|Financial performance of an organization [including analysis of financial statements]||3|
|Costs, budget and controls||2|
|Raising short and long term finance||1|
|Operations and Supply Chain [5 sessions each @ 2 hours= 12hours]|
|Operational efficiency and effectiveness as a sources of competitive advantage||1|
|Materials procurement, planning and control as competitive advantage||1|
|Smart and connected products and implications in manufacturing Management||1|
|Supply Chain Management: Contemporary issues & challenges||2|
|Talent Management [2 sessions each @ 2 hours= 4hours]|
|Development and retention of talented staff||1|
|Career and Succession planning||1|
|II. Understand Strategy and application of Strategy [8 sessions each @ 2 hours= 16 hours]|
|Concept of strategy, characteristics of strategic decisions and different types of strategy||1|
|An overview of strategy development process||1|
|Strategies for turnaround and consolidation||1|
|Strategies for growth||1|
|Alternative Business Models||1|
|Global business context and alternative global strategies||1|
|Organization structure, system, process in global organization||1|
|III. Managing and Leading for driving performance and achieving vision and goals
[21 sessions each @ 2 hours= 42 hours]
|General managerial skills [2 sessions each @ 2 hours= 4 hours]|
|General Management skills -1
[including conflict management skill in the context of multi-generational work force and influencing and negotiation skill]
|General Management skills -2
[including conflict management skill in the context of multi-generational workforce and influencing and negotiation skill]
|Evidence-based management [8 sessions each @ 2 hours= 16 hours]|
|Introduction to Data Analysis||2|
|Basics of Data Analysis – Data Visualization and Representation||2|
|Introduction to Predictive Data Analysis||2|
|Complex Models of Predictive Data Analysis||2|
|Time Series Models||2|
|Leadership – contemporary issues and challenges [11 sessions each @ 2 hrs= 22 hrs]|
|Leader as an Entrepreneur [to discuss specifically [a] mind and psyche of an entrepreneur and [b] entrepreneurial process]||3|
|Leading to facilitate creativity and innovation||1|
|Communicating with internal and external stakeholder for achieving alignment of purpose||1|
|Leading change caused by market disruption and resulting new strategic initiatives||1|
|Leadership skill including people management skills and personal, business and collaborative leadership||1|
|Leadership skills for smooth management of turnaround and crisis situation||1|
|Situational leadership in the frontline considering context and development needs of people||1|
|Leading with wisdom||1|
|Managing and leading – a practitioner’s perspective||1|
|V. Leading and Managing in the era of AI, Machine Learning and robotics and effecting digital transformation [4 sessions each @ 2 hours= 8 hours]|
|Scope and impact of AI, machine learning and Robotics||1|
|Future of work||1|
|Digital transformation – scope, process and related change management issues||1|
|Leading in digital and disruptive age||1|
5. Pedagogy: Concepts and interactive case discussions and experience sharing by both faculty and participants. List of cases to include even those cases which are used at leading international business schools such as Harvard Business School.
6. Session timing: Thrice a week- Weekdays and/or Saturdays [during 8 to 10 pm].
7. Delivery: he program will be delivered using an Innovative solution called Smart Learning & Transformation Solution [SLTS]. Details of SLTS are available in www.thestrategyacademy.org SLTS will enable participants to attend faculty conducted 100% LIVE sessions – totalling 16 hours – from his/her Home or Office or ANYWHERE, using the Academy’s 2 way interactive and real time DIGITAL Content Delivery Network [with streaming Audio plus Video feeds]. No special training or IT infra is needed by any participant, beyond what he/she already has, to attend from ANYWHERE all sessions conducted by faculty in person. For information, more than 60 companies have already used SLTS and also the just mentioned Content Delivery Network of The Strategy Academy to conduct their In-Company Corporate training Programs.
8. Infrastructure required to attend faculty conducted 100% LIVE and 2 way Interactive classes from ANYWHERE [home/ office/ while travelling]
9. Recording of faculty conducted Sessions: To be made available for 4 weeks after the last formal session conducted by faculty in person is over.
10. Evaluation and Grading: Multi-element Evaluation and Grading based on several parameters viz. [a] Attendance, [b] Number and quality of questions asked/ engagement during faculty conducted 100% LIVE Digital sessions, [c] online quiz and/ or miscellaneous online submissions, [d] Action Learning Projects [ALPs] and [e] performance at the examination to be conducted online at the end of the program.
11. Certificate and Grades: To be issued by The Strategy Academy Centre for Advanced Studies. It is possible to get this Program Co-Certified by a Leading University/Institutional with a marginal increase in course fee mentioned below.
12. Fee: Rs 60000/- Plus GST payable by Cheque or online bank transfer in favour of The Strategy Academy Centre for Advanced Studies; the fee includes the cost of soft copy of reading materials and faculty PPTs.
13. Minimum Batch Size: 15 participants.
14. Start Date of the Program: The start date will be announced as soon as the number of interested participants exceeds 12. These first 10 applicants will get an early bird discount of Rs 1000/- on program fee provided they deposit the requisite fee with GST [net of early bird discount of 6000/- ] within 7 days of receiving the advice from the Academy.
15. If any applicant wishes to discuss with Prof. Ranjan Das, who is the Program Director of this program, regarding any aspect of the program described above, he/she may please call 09874882778 or 03340632066 for setting up a time for telephonic discussion with Prof. Das.
Payable on confirmation of the start date of the course from the institution.The start date will be announced as soon as the number of interested participants exceeds 10.
The first 10 applicants will get an early bird discount of Rs 1000/- on program fee provided they deposit the requisite fee with GST [net of early bird discount of 6000/- ] within 7 days of receiving the advice from the Academy.