Prof Ranjan Das
Chairman – The Strategy Academy, and Professor of Strategy, Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Leadership***
***Associated with: IIM Calcutta [1994 onwards], The Strategy Academy [2008 onwards], IIM Ranchi [ Visiting: 2014-15], IIM Trichy [ Visiting: 2014-17], UPH University- Jakarta [Visiting:2014-17], Indian School of Business, Hyderabad [Visiting: 2008-09], Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong [Visiting: 2005-06], Haigazian College, Beirut, Lebanon [Visiting: 1979-80]
- Doctorate [Fellow] in Management with specialization in Strategic Management from Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA);
- Master of Science [Applied Mathematics] from Calcutta University
Experience – An overview
Prof Ranjan Das, Chairman – The Strategy Academy, and Professor of Strategy, Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Leadership, has a total 42 years of experience comprising.
- 20 years in industry during which Prof Das had held such senior positions as General Manager of an MNC and Managing Director of a Joint Sector Company in India
- 22 years in teaching, training, research and consulting as a Professor of Strategic Management at IIM Calcutta
- 8 years [beginning January 2008 and overlapping with the assignment with IIM Calcutta] as an Academic and Social Entrepreneur engaged in setting up India’s FIRST and only one 100% LIVE DIGITAL Academy named The Strategy Academy [TSA]
Experience – Teaching, Research and writings
Prof Das’s current teaching, research, writing, training and consulting focus areas are:
- Industry and Competitive Analysis
- Industry Evolution
- Business Model Innovation
- Competitive and Growth Strategy
- Strategic Repositioning, Corporate Restructuring and M&A
- Strategic Risk Management
- Strategy Execution
- Organizational Transformation and Management of Change
- Strategic Leadership
- Institution Building
- Management of Family Business – Resolving Growth, Professionalization and Succession Planning challenges
Prof Das had written 6 books and many articles and case studies
Experience – Independent Director
Prof Das is an independent director of a couple of companies in India
Experience – Consultancy and Capability Building
Prof Das advises many companies in India and overseas in the areas of Strategy, Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Leadership. Some of the companies with whom Prof Das was associated in the past – either as an adviser or as a facilitator [providing assistance in building capabilities of people] are:
Aditya Birla Group, AKK Group Bangladesh, Akzo Nobel Singapore, Aquapharm, Arvind Group, Asian Paints, Bharat Petroleum, Birlasoft, Birla White, CEAT , Emami, Famycare, Frost and Sullivan, GAIL, Harrisons Malayalam, Hindalco, Hindustan Petroleum [HPCL], Indian Oil , ITC, Knowledge Group Kuala Lumpur, Krishna International [Telecom] Dubai, Larsen and Toubro, L&T Infotech, Linc Pen, Mahindra Finance, Max Life Insurance, Nestle, NIIT Ltd, NIIT Technologies, NTPC, Premier Irrigation, Rahim Afrooz Bangladesh, Ranbaxy, RIECO, Steel Authority of India, Star TV, Sudarshan Chemicals, Supreme Industries, Tata Metalliks, Tata Motors, TATA STEEL, Tata Steel Processing, Tega Industries, Times of India, TIL, Thermax, Ultratech, Welspun etc
Experience – As an Academic and Social Entrepreneur and Institution Builder
One of the principal missions of Prof Ranjan Das is to assist individuals and organizations in achieving SUCCESS in whatever fields they are in or shall be in. As a part of this mission, that aims to reach out to people and organizations who are denied opportunities to excel, Prof Das has been working for many years on his core priority of developing a real-time, low cost, universally accessible and highly convenient to use technology enabled and two way interactive learning and capability building process [including development of the underlying delivery platform] that combines the features of time tested traditional brick and mortar model with location-independent features of e-learning model.
Backed by his last 11 years of specific experience in this field, Prof Das is convinced that such a new generation Learning and Development [L&D] process that ensures the following features [called 6Cs] viz.
- CUSTOMIZED-CONTENT: Design of CUSTOMIZED CONTENT [including preparation of reading materials and cases], based on content research in client-defined areas, industry-specific and benchmarked internationally.
- CLASS-CAPACITY: For any batch, class size is scalable and faculty conducted LIVE sessions can be accessed Universally from ANYWHERE
- CAPABILITY-ASSESSMENT: Measuring the extent of specific skills actually acquired by each participant relative to specific standards, his/her ability to apply such skills and associated changes in his/her behaviour effected
- CONVENIENCE: High Convenience in learning and acquiring required capabilities:
- Ability to attend faculty conducted 100% LIVE sessions from ANYWHERE in India and the World [ i.e. live content from the faculty is universally accessible]
- Faculty conducted 100% LIVE sessions are REAL-TIME and TWO WAY INTERACTIVE
- RECORDINGS of all faculty conducted 100% LIVE sessions can be accessed on Anytime-Anywhere basis
- CARBON-REDUCING: Opportunity to deliver all L&D programs as GREEN Programs [since there will be no burning of fuel to reach any training venue and there will be no use of any paper] and hence such L&D programs will not leave any unwanted carbon footprints anywhere.
- COST: Opportunity to reduce effective cost of L&D per participant to less than half of traditional delivery and yet ensure the triple advantages of Customized-Content, Capability-Assessment and Convenience
is now a reality and shall soon be reaching the point of inflection that will have the potential to disrupt progressively the traditional brick and mortar delivery as well as much hyped 100% pre-recorded e-learning method of education delivery.